The Oxinet Acceptable Use Policy has been formulated with the following goals in mind:
- to ensure security, reliability and integrity of Oxinet’s systems and network, the systems and networks of Oxinet’s customers and the networks and systems of others
- to avoid situations that may cause Oxinet to incur civil liability
- to maintain the image and reputation of Oxinet as a responsible provider
- to preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression
- to encourage the responsible use of net resources, discouraging practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the value of Internet services
- to preserve the privacy and security of individual users
The Acceptable Use Policy below defines the actions which Oxinet considers to be abusive, and thus, strictly prohibited. The examples named in this list are non-exclusive, and are provided solely for guidance to Oxinet customers. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Please note that the actions listed below are also not permitted from the Oxinet Ltd network or remotely to the Oxinet network from any other network.
Colocation, Managed and Virtual Hosting
- Any and all material hosted on any hosted servers, or servers co-hosted on Oxinet premises and network facilities remain the responsibility of the webmasters of those respective sites. If there are any queries regarding those sites, please get in touch with the owners and maintainers in charge.
- Oxinet reserves the right to remove or suspend web sites, hosted servers co-hosted servers at our premises which contain material offensive or deemed unacceptable by Oxinet, ISOC, NHTCU, SOCA or Scotland Yard.
- The virtual hosting resources allocated for CGI scripts are made available on a shared hardware platform. Oxinet reserves the right to remove any scripts deemed to solicit an unacceptable load on those resources. Also, customers should not run their own server processes (or daemons) on any managed server (e.g. database servers, chat servers, etc). For further advice on this or any other issues, please contact us at email@example.com
- Oxinet reserves the right to restrict support access to the customer where it is deemed to be in excess of the supplier average support requests for similar customer contracts.
- Managed Hosting – 10 requests per month per server
- Managed+Applications – 15 requests per month per server
In all cases relating to this matter Oxinet will first engage with the customer to discuss an appropriate re-configuration or contracting of new services being provided to match that required by the customer.
Oxinet do not have any contractual responsibility to monitor any customer activity and we hereby disclaim any responsibility for any misuse of our network.
If you have further questions or need help with any part of your Oxinet service, please contact us.